Seems like a mistake in Table Header technique

From: David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 12:23:28 -0500
To: "'WCAG'" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
CC: <akirkpat@adobe.com>
I've been going through the PDF techniques and there is an example of how to
create proper table headers which shows how to make the table in MS Word,
and check off the "Header Row" checkbox then export to PDF. I've tried this
with two different machines in MS Word 2007, which is used in the example
and it does not appear that checking "header Row" in MS Word, and exporting
using PDF maker creates a <TH> in the Adobe Tag tree, as is demonstrated. I
looked in the PDF preferences dialogue Box in MS Word and I don't think I
missed anything.

Perhaps we need to change this example or if there are further steps
necessary we should add them. My sense it that it might just be an
oversight, and that the Heading Row in MS Word does not translate to a <TH>
in the PDF document. The example is here: