RE: F68 forbids WAI ARIA to replace label element

From: David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 14:20:19 -0400
To: "'Tina Holmboe'" <tina@greytower.net>
CC: "'WCAG'" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Perhaps that's a good point, I'm wondering which manufacturers are not
getting on WAI ARIA. I think our unofficial rule of thumb is about 3
versions back...

Almost every screen reader supports WAI ARIA, although some better than
others, and the new browsers do... which are free.

I don't think it will be long before aria-labelledby will be implemented
fairly ubiquitously in all assistive technologies and user agents to the
extent that <label> is...

I guess there may be some government departments that are about 2 versions
behind because they have to test every new version before installation. They
should be using WAI ARIA browsers within a year or so...  I can't think of
too many other scenarios...

David MacDonald
www.eramp.co