Re: Review comments on PDF12

From: Mary Utt <maryutt@paciellogroup.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 09:57:20 -0400
To: Loretta Guarino Reid <lorettaguarino@google.com>
Cc: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Updated per WG discussion. See below.

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Mary Utt <maryutt@paciellogroup.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 8:57 PM, Loretta Guarino Reid
> <lorettaguarino@google.com> wrote:
>> In the test procedure,
>> * Change "For each form control," to "For the form control"
>
> Done.
>
>> * Modify the 2nd option to read "Use a tool capable of showing the form
>> field information to open the PDF document and verify that the form control
>> has the correct name, role, value, and state (if appropriate) information."
>
> Done.
>
>> Both of the tables have a bit of a mixture of information about PDF and
>> information about how Adobe Acrobat exposes that information in its UI. Is
>> there a way we can either label things more clearly, or separate the PDF
>> information from the Acrobat UI information? For instance, we may need to
>> split the information in the Comments column of the first table, or possibly
>> just relabel it so that it is clearer that it is describing how to access
>> that field in Acrobat.

Done.

Per WG discussion 4/21, the text preceding the first table now reads,
"The PDF specification defines how name, role, and value are set for
form controls in Section 12.7.4 (Field Types) of <link> PDF 1.7 (ISO
32000-1)</link> as shown in the following table. The Comments column
explains how Adobe Acrobat Pro displays the corresponding information.