Re: "genericizing" our examples and test procedures

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 2:18 PM, Loretta Guarino Reid
<lorettaguarino@google.com> wrote:
> Andrew and Mary,
>
> Could you make a pass over the PDF techniques and apply the following
> changes to make them more clearly tool-neutral:
>
> * Put a boilerplate caveat on each example of using a specific
> authoring or editing tool (e.g. "This example is shown with Adobe
> Acrobat. There are other software products that perform similar
> functions. See the list of other software tools [link to appropriate
> PDF technology overview section].

Done. The additions need to be checked/proofread in the next build.

> * Take the specific Adobe product naming out of the test procedures,
> and use the generic terms: PDF creator, PDF converter, PDF editor, or
> PDF accessibility checker instead of naming specific Adobe products.

Done.

Procedures changed for PDF1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 20, 21.

> Let us know if you find places where this doesn't work.

None were a simple swapping of phrases. All need to be
checked/proofread in the next build.

> Thanks, Loretta

Mary