W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-gl@w3.org > January to March 2010

Minutes WAI GL 14 January 2010

From: Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 17:56:29 -0500
Message-ID: <4B4FA11D.50802@w3.org>
To: List WAI GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Minutes of the 14 January 2010 WCAG meeting are posted to
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2010/01/14-wai-wcag-minutes and copied below.


  Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference


    14 Jan 2010

See also: IRC log <http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-wai-wcag-irc>


    Attendees

Present
    Bruce_Bailey, David_MacDonald, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Ben_Caldwell,
    Michael_Cooper, James_Nurthen, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Tim_Boland,
    Katie_Haritos-Shea, Loretta_Guarino_Reid
Regrets
    Sofia_Celic
Chair
    Loretta_Guarino_Reid 
Scribe
    David


    Contents

    * Topics <http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2010/01/14-wai-wcag-minutes#agenda>
         1. Issue 2791: C14: User Agent Notes "keyed off"
            <http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2010/01/14-wai-wcag-minutes#item01>
         2. Issue 2792: G18: Description
            <http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2010/01/14-wai-wcag-minutes#item02>
         3. Issue 2794: H69: Example 3 "they" and "them"
            <http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2010/01/14-wai-wcag-minutes#item03>
         4. WAI-ARIA comments
            <http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2010/01/14-wai-wcag-minutes#item04>
    * Summary of Action Items
      <http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2010/01/14-wai-wcag-minutes#ActionSummary>

------------------------------------------------------------------------

<trackbot> Date: 14 January 2010

test

<scribe> scribe: David

Resolution: accept 2784, 2786, 2789 as proposed


      Issue 2791: C14: User Agent Notes "keyed off"

Resolution: accept 2791 as amended


      Issue 2792: G18: Description

<scribe> *ACTION:* cooper to create visual examples of G18... [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-wai-wcag-irc]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-67 - Create visual examples of G18... [on
Michael Cooper - due 2010-01-21].

Resolution: accept G18 as amended

"Liquid layouts define layout regions that both resize with text, and
reflow as needed to display the region on-screen ."

"Liquid layouts define layout regions that both resize with text, and
reflow as needed to display the region on the screen ."

I was talking

Resolution: 2397 accepted as amended


      Issue 2794: H69: Example 3 "they" and "them"

zakim who is making noise

Resolution accept 2794 as amended

Resolution: accept 2794 as amended

<bcaldwell> - Agree to disagree.

<bcaldwell> - Too late for WCAG 2

<bcaldwell> - Focus on UAAG with your concerns to be sure they are covered

<greggvanderheiden> WCAG 2 doesn’t require this. And we can't change
WCAG at this point. However we really think that this is a User Agent
issue and you should be sure that UAAG highlights this as an important
feature for user agents

<scribe> *ACTION:* bcaldwell to draft a response to Wayne Dick's
comments [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-wai-wcag-irc]

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - bcaldwell

<scribe> *ACTION:* Ben_Calwell to draft a response to Wayne Dick's
comments [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-wai-wcag-irc]

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Ben_Calwell

<scribe> *ACTION:* Ben to draft a response to Wayne Dick's comments
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-wai-wcag-irc]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-68 - Draft a response to Wayne Dick's comments
[on Ben Caldwell - due 2010-01-21].

<MichaelC> *ACTION:* bcaldwell to draft a response to Wayne Dick's
comments [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-wai-wcag-irc]

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - bcaldwell

<MichaelC> drop action 5

<MichaelC> drop action 3

<MichaelC> drop action 2


      WAI-ARIA comments

Resolution: accept all WAI-ARIA responses except 115 and 211

<scribe> *ACTION:* Loretta to write up additional responses to WAI-ARIA
#115 and #211 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-wai-wcag-irc]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-69 - Write up additional responses to WAI-ARIA
#115 and #211 [on Loretta Guarino Reid - due 2010-01-21].

<Loretta> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/Group/track/actions/open

Note: Some Invited Experts do not have access to the Tracker software of
the W3C


    Summary of Action Items

*[NEW]* *ACTION:* bcaldwell to draft a response to Wayne Dick's comments
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-wai-wcag-irc]
*[NEW]* *ACTION:* Ben to draft a response to Wayne Dick's comments
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-wai-wcag-irc]
*[NEW]* *ACTION:* Ben_Calwell to draft a response to Wayne Dick's
comments [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-wai-wcag-irc]
*[NEW]* *ACTION:* cooper to create visual examples of G18... [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-wai-wcag-irc]
*[NEW]* *ACTION:* Loretta to write up additional responses to WAI-ARIA
#115 and #211 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-wai-wcag-irc]
 
[End of minutes]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl
<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm>
version 1.133 (CVS log <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2010/01/14 22:54:58 $


-- 

Michael Cooper
Web Accessibility Specialist
World Wide Web Consortium, Web Accessibility Initiative
E-mail cooper@w3.org <mailto:cooper@w3.org>
Information Page <http://www.w3.org/People/cooper/>
Received on Thursday, 14 January 2010 22:56:38 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 14 January 2010 22:56:40 GMT