ISSUE-5 (H42 edited): Headings H42 new example and description

From: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 15:30:41 +0000
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

ISSUE-5 (H42 edited): Headings H42 new example and description

http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/issues/5

Raised by: David MacDonald
On product:

The government of Canada has asked us to use another example in H42 because is problematic in several ways:
1) H2 comes before H1 in the code
2) H2 is not a subcategory of H1
3) They feel we are taking a position on how to markup Nav bars H2 vs H1, and given the ARIA and HTML 5 have specific Nav landmarks, they think we should not put a stake in the ground over whether to makup Nav's withan H1 or H2, and would rather a regular hierarchical example and just provide some text in the descrition that non-Hierarcical layout is allowed.

I've provided a proposed edited H42 here.

http://www.eramp.com/david/h42_prop.html