RE: Policy on Third Party Techniques

From: Tim Boland <frederick.boland@nist.gov>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 16:04:51 -0500
To: "'Loretta Guarino Reid'" <lorettaguarino@google.com>
Cc: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

I'm worried about having two parallel processes (confusing and management
issues, and how to measure/demonstrate "equivalence"?).  Why not consider
one process that would work for any technique no matter who develops it?
There would be one set of quality and other criteria that the submitter
would have to satisfy.  Such an approach would promote uniformity and
consistency..  (Background - in the related realm of testing/test suites, WG
members develop tests "in-house" but contributions from outside are
encouraged, there is one set of process/requirements, and one test suite,
with tests from various contributors all meeting the same requirements..)

Best, Tim Boland NIST