SCR21

From: Andi Snow-Weaver <andisnow@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 07:06:07 -0500
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

In SCR21, the test procedure says "Examine the source code and check that
the new content is not created using document.write(), innerHTML,
outerHTML, innerText or outerText."

Some of the evaluation tools are flagging any use of these functions as
non-compliant with WCAG 2.0. But I don't think this is a correct
interpretation. It is only a failure if the intent was to use the technique
"Using functions of the Document Object Model (DOM) to add content to a
page". We don't have a failure technique around the use of document.write
(), innterHTML, etc.

Perhaps we need to add a technique that demonstrates the correct use of
these functions.

Andi