Re: Question re. SC 4.1.1 and technique G134

spanchang02@yahoo.com schrieb:
> Not clear.  Yes I am indeed referring to a Web page that uses JavaScript and CSS. So is it sufficient compliance if one checks validity of  the Web page as rendered in the browser using an HTML validator? Or does one need to check validity of  supporting JS and CSS files separately? My understanding is that it is not required.
> Now if a JS function creates say a list item without a closing LI tag, that will be caught by the HTML validator.
> Sailesh

Maybe "SCR21: Using functions of the Document Object Model (DOM) to add
content to a page" (<http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/SCR21.html>) can
be relevant here?

The test procedure for "F70: Failure of Success Criterion 4.1.1 due to
incorrect use of start and end tags or attribute markup"
(<http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/failures.html#F70>) mentions "the
source code of pages implemented in markup languages."

--
Johannes Koch
                             (Te Deum, 4th cent.)