RE: Action 19: discouraging image replacement

But, the whole point of 1.4.9 is that the default presentation uses real text, so it resizes without users having to do a bunch of extra work.  It's level 3.  Why not require the actual goal?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Caldwell [mailto:caldwell@trace.wisc.edu]
Sent: Friday, April 03, 2009 7:17 AM
To: Cynthia Shelly
Cc: List WAI GL
Subject: Re: Action 19: discouraging image replacement

Thanks Cynthia.

No objections to adding the proposed text.

I don't think we have a technique yet that actually describes dynamically
customizing images of text and would agree that such a technique would only be
sufficient for 1.4.5.

However, since C30 requires that a UI control be present that allows users to
obtain a version that does not include the images of text, I don't think
dropping it as a sufficient technique for 1.4.9 is necessary.

-Ben

--
Ben Caldwell | <caldwell@trace.wisc.edu>
Trace Research and Development Center <http://trace.wisc.edu>