Re: WCAG 2.0 - W3C Web Standard Defines Accessibility for Next Generation Web

From: Christophe Strobbe <christophe.strobbe@esat.kuleuven.be>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 19:13:25 +0100
To: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

At 17:02 11/12/2008, Loretta Guarino Reid wrote:
>Congratulations, everyone! It's official! WCAG 2.0 is a W3C Recommendation.
>Last week, we said we'd cancel today's meeting,
>but we thought it would be nice for people to
>get on the call at the usual time. No agenda, no
>requirement to be here, but we think people will
>welcome the opportunity to congratulate each other today.

Can we also have a survey for congratulations? ;-)

Seriously, though, I'm glad we finally made it.

I noticed that the Wikipedia articles on Web
Accessibility Initiative
and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
have already been updated.

The publication is also in time for the new BSI
draft on web accessibility: BS 8878:2009: "Web
accessibility – Building accessible experiences
for disabled people – Code of practice." The
comments period ends on 31 January 2009. See
<http://drafts.bsigroup.com/?i=245> (you need to
register before you can access the draft).

Best regards,

>  We'll probably only be on the phone for 1/2 hour or so.
>Loretta and Gregg

Christophe Strobbe
Kasteelpark Arenberg 10 bus 2442
B-3001 Leuven-Heverlee
tel: +32 16 32 85 51
Please don't invite me to LinkedIn, Facebook,
Quechup or other "social networks". You may have
agreed to their "privacy policy", but I haven't.