blog comments on WCAG 2

From: Christophe Strobbe <christophe.strobbe@esat.kuleuven.be>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:03:52 +0100
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

A few more blog comments on WCAG 2.0 PR:

At <http://my.opera.com/ODIN/blog/wcag-2-0-3> Henny Swann writes:
"I've actually been using it [WCAG 2.0] for a
while and find it much easier to use than WCAG
1.0. It provides more techniques and advisory
techniques, is more testable than WCAG 1.0 and
has a wealth of supporting documentation and
practical tools to help you implement the guidelines."

Steven Clark writes that the "Tasmanian
Government Website Standards" state that there is
a requirement for conformance to WCAG 2.0.

But there are also those who find it hard to
read, like the first commenter on the blog post at
"per me  arabo... non ne capisco affatto" ("It's
all Arabic to me... I don't understand it at all").

The Web Standards Project asks for help to put
together a list of useful resources for WCAG 2.0:

Best regards,

At 17:49 31/10/2008, Christophe Strobbe wrote:

>>From: "Wayne Dick" <wed@csulb.edu>
>>To: "WebAIM Discussion List" <webaim-forum@list.webaim.org>
>>Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 09:43:14 -0700
>>Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Links in context - or not?
>>My main hope is that I get an accessibility compliant page.  I
>>have preferences on how to meet the standards, but I can do
>>something reasonable with compliant code.  Which standard do you
>>use, 508, WCAG 1 or 2, other national or state laws the rely on
>>WCAG as a base... Most standards cover everything, WCAG 2 is the
>>easiest to read and implement.  It doesn't matter.  If the page
>>meets standards, assistive technology can to something
>Who had expected this: "WCAG 2 is the easiest to read and implement"?

Christophe Strobbe
Kasteelpark Arenberg 10 bus 2442
B-3001 Leuven-Heverlee
tel: +32 16 32 85 51
Please don't invite me to LinkedIn, Facebook,
Quechup or other "social networks". You may have
agreed to their "privacy policy", but I haven't.