For Review: WCAG 2.0 at a Glance

From: Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 16:42:18 -0500
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

Dear WCAG WG participants,

The WAI Education & Outreach Working Group (EOWG) has been working on a resource currently titled "Web Accessibility: WCAG 2.0 at a Glance". Draft at:
   <http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/glance/>

Please review this draft, which we plan to circulate more widely after the WCAG WG teleconference this week.

Note:
- The goal is to provide a short, easy-to-understand overview/summary/distillation of WCAG 2.0, in order to increase the comfort level that WCAG 2.0 is "approachable". (For example, we propose using the more common jargon "multimedia" instead of the WCAG 2.0 "time-based media" here.)
- This is geared for a broad audience: those who already know accessibility and WCAG as well as those who don't; developers, managers, policy makers, etc.

Thank you for your review.

Regards,
Shawn Henry, EOWG Chair

-----
Shawn Lawton Henry, W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
about: http://www.w3.org/People/Shawn/
phone: +1-617-395-7664
e-mail: shawn@w3.org