RE: Tabbed navigation designs and 1.4

From: Andi Snow-Weaver <andisnow@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 10:17:42 -0500
To: "WCAG" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Okay, the shape is the redundant visual cue. Duh.

The heading is hidden so it only works for AT users and helps with 1.3.1.
but not 1.4.1.

Andi

             "Andrew
             Kirkpatrick"
             <akirkpat@adobe.c                                          To
             om>                       "WCAG" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
             w3c-wai-gl-reques
             t@w3.org                                              Subject
                                       RE: Tabbed navigation designs and
                                       1.4
             04/30/2008 12:28
             PM

The active tab is also identified by shape (assuming sight and CSS
support).

There is a heading for the subnavigation that is "Good design submenu"
that tells you what the selected tab is. That may be what Katie is
referring to.

AWK