Re: bug in Web Page definition

Dear Gregg,

Gregg Vanderheiden wrote:
> That is correct Jason.
>

> An HTML page that is not on the Web is not a Web Page.

I do not understand the issue here, and I disagree that «Web pages» can
only be served only via HTTP. Here are some scenarios:

- I can put -for some obscure given reason- all my CSS files in an FTP
server. Does it mean that for WCAG these CSS files do not exist?

- An Intranet Web site, based on the file protocol, where all files are
mounted locally via NFS, SMB, ... like Jason proposed.

- An AJAX application where the Web Services interaction happens via Web
Services using directly TCP, SMTP or any other protocol. I have not
tested whether this is supported by user-agents yet, but there are
already Web Services' implementations where you can built such scenarios
(server- and client-side).

Are we excluding all of these?

regards,
carlos
--
Dr Carlos A Velasco
  Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology (FIT)