RE: SC 2.2.2 (Blinking) and contrast ratio

Blink and flash have now been redefined.    Does this address the concern?

blink

switch back and forth between two visual states in a way that that does not
qualify as flash <http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/#flash-def>  (e.g. it is
too slow or the change in relative luminance is too small to qualify as
flashing)

Note: The slower blink is in contrast with flashing
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/#flash-def> , which refers to rapid changes
in brightness which can cause seizures. See general flash and
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/#general-thresholddef>  red flash
thresholds.

flash

a pair of opposing changes in relative luminance of 10% or more where the
relative luminance of the darker image is below 0.80

Note: Flash is characterized by rapid changes of relative luminance
occurring more than three times per second, while blink
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/#blinksdef>  is less than three times per
second.

Note: See general flash
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/#general-thresholddef>  threshold and red
flash threshold for more precise information about the applicability and
constraints of flash.

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.