Fwd: The accessibility problems with image maps

From: Loretta Guarino Reid <lorettaguarino@google.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 16:51:40 -0700
To: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Vision Australia submitted a comment in the most recent request for
comment regarding WCAG 2.0 (draft) about the inaccessibility of image
maps and that this does not appear to be addressed by WCAG 2.0.

I was requested to attempt to further clarify what the accessibility
issues with image maps are. I've attached a document that attempts to
do this.

Note that the document only attempts to clarify the accessibility
issues for those members working on this issue, and does not propose

With regards,