W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-gl@w3.org > January to March 2007

Open action items from Feb and March

From: Loretta Guarino Reid <lorettaguarino@google.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 09:11:19 -0700
Message-ID: <824e742c0703300911qa6fffa5pc437a83b18c44357@mail.gmail.com>
To: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
*I'll be sending out individual messages to action item owners. If some of
these have already been closed, please let me know.

Loretta

3/29
ACTION: * All to submit relevant examples [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-wai-wcag-irc ]
***ACTION:* Loretta to write advisory technique for 1.3.1 and 2.4.5 that
reads:"provide labels for all user interface controls except xxx", and write
response to 654 that says:"names required in 4.1.2 and labels are
recommended in 1.3.1 and 2.4.5"

3/15
*ACTION:* Ben to fix test New Technique: Using .htaccess to ensure that the
only way to access non-conforming content is from conforming content , so
that it meets the technique no the SC, and tweak for readability entire
techniques [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2007/03/15-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action05
]
***ACTION:* Ben to update contrast examples, put labels on simulations on
Trace web site [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2007/03/15-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action02
]
***ACTION:* cynthia , ben, David to look at new SC for text to be
programatically determined ...to look at it and bring it back
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2007/03/15-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action08
]
***ACTION:* david and becky sort out example 1 and 3 to clean up language
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2007/03/15-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action06
] (Failure of 1.3.1 due to using changes in text presentation to convey
information without using the appropriate markup or text) ***
ACTION:* David rewrite response to 947 to change wording without the meaning
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2007/03/15-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action04
]
***ACTION:* David, Michael and ben (ping Sean) to work on 1183 contrast on
gradients [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2007/03/15-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action01
]
***ACTION:* Gregg and John to review Sean's concerns in the how to meet for
1.1.1 [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2007/03/15-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action07
]
****
****
3/8
*****ACTION:* David to combine F2 and F64 into a general failure, with
assistance from Sean and Ben [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/08-wai-wcag-irc
]
***ACTION:* David to prepare this technique as an advisory technique
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/08-wai-wcag-irc] ( Describing errors
and creating a mechanism that allows users to jump to them)
***ACTION:* John to add "people with CLLD who" in benefits; also update
intent and benefits sections for other SC [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/08-wai-wcag-irc
]
***ACTION:* Michael to write up technique "Separating information and
structure from presentation to enable modification of presentation without
altering content" for 1201 [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/08-wai-wcag-irc]
***ACTION:* sean and gregg to talk about background [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/08-wai-wcag-irc
]
***ACTION:* to reformat the note as a definition ( User-controllable data)

3/1
***ACTION:* Gregg to think of a new example [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-wai-wcag-irc ] (LC-1413)
***ACTION:* Sean and Christophe to find formulation of electronic text that
a user agent can look at and know what it is - pronounce it etc. based on
Unicode [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-wai-wcag-irc ]

2/15
*ACTION:* Loretta, Sean, and John to work on 1.4.2 to address the Flash
scenario John raised [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2007/02/15-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action06
]
***ACTION:* Sean and Loretta to check on technical feasibility of doing
captions internationally

2/8
*ACTION:* Don, Loretta, Sean, David, Andi to take issue 507 and user
contributed content and come back with a proposal (or at least progress
report) by Feb 15 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/08-wai-wcag-irc]
***ACTION:* Don, Sean, Loretta, David, Andi, Gregg to meet and sreview
Aggregated Content (LC-464, LC-1222, and LC-1318) to determine if a better
proposal is possible (or at least progress report) by Feb 15 [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/08-wai-wcag-irc]
***ACTION:* Michael to create a document about testing WCAG to be part of
the support materials (related to issue LC-648). [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/08-wai-wcag-irc
]

2/1
*ACTION:* Michael, Cynthia, Ben, Tim to consider comments on 1.4.5 item 1
and all of its techniques and to straighten out the logic of the sufficient
techniques section. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-wai-wcag-irc ]

***ACTION:* same committee (Michael, Cynthia, Ben and Tim) to look at
1.4.6for common issues with
1.4.5 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-wai-wcag-irc ]
Received on Friday, 30 March 2007 16:11:50 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:47:49 GMT