New proposal for SC 2.4.6

From: Loretta Guarino Reid <lorettaguarino@google.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 12:00:14 -0700
To: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
In reviewing the comments about SC 2.4.6 in last week's survey, we noticed
that GL 1.3. deals with similar language and concepts. We developed a
proposal to harmonize with those concepts. We suggest breaking the success
criterion into two parts, to provide the flexibility in relationships
reflected in SC 1.3.1, and to capture the linearization of SC 1.3.3 when it
is needed.

We propose moving some of the concrete language from our past proposals into
sufficient techniques.

Comments or responses?

Sean and Loretta

SC 2.4.6a If a Web page may be navigated sequentially, focusable components
receive focus in an order that follows information and relationships
conveyed through presentation.

SC 2.4.6b When the sequence in which content is navigated affects its
meaning, a correct navigation sequence can be programmatically determined.