(unknown charset) Re: "commercial websites that have adopted symbolic based accessibility"

From: (unknown charset) ~:'' ありがとうございました。 <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:53:16 +0000
Cc: (unknown charset) "Slatin, John M" <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>, lisa Seeman <lisa@ubaccess.com>, David MacDonald <befree@magma.ca>, Bruce Bailey <Bruce.Bailey@ed.gov>, Loretta Guarino Reid <lorettaguarino@google.com>, Sofia Celic <Sofia.Celic@visionaustralia.org>, Jan Dekelver <jan.dekelver@khk.be>, Chuck Hitchcock <chitchcock@cast.org>, Hiroshi Kawamura <hkawa@rehab.go.jp>, Gez Lemon <gez.lemon@gmail.com>, Clayton Lewis <clayton.lewis@colorado.edu>, Gian Sampson-Wild <gian@tkh.com.au>, Keith Smith <k.smith@bild.org.uk>, Roberto Scano <rscano@iwa-italy.org>, Stephen Shore <Tumbalaika@aol.com>, Nancy Ward <nward@thedesk.info>, Paul Bowman <pbowman@gmu.edu>, Elbert Johns <ejohns@thearclink.org>, Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>, Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>, Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>, WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>, Andrew Kirkpatrick <akirkpat@adobe.com>
To: (unknown charset) John Slatin <jslatin@mail.utexas.edu>

Jaws doesn't currently work with SVG, though various people have
contacted the developers.

if you are happy using Opera, please try http://www.peepo.co.uk/index-
I would very much welcome your feedback.

you will need javascript enabled to hear the audio.
I am considering how and whether to take this up with the WG...
There would be an obvious conflict if there was a screen reader that
could read the titles or text, but there isn't, well there was a
beta, but that's another story...
you can use the tab with shift tab or Q and A keys to navigate.
most of the links won't work as this is very much an alpha.

I'm currently developing a standards based beta, with much less
javascript and more CSS for mozilla and possibly opera.

the text and audio is available in a variety of European languages
dependent on your operating system language.

Jonathan Chetwynd
Accessibility Consultant on Learning Disabilities and the Internet

29 Crimsworth Road

020 7978 1764