RE: Not described in words

Bruce you asked for some examples of 'time dependent key input"

One examples might be

-          A lesson on ballistics where you hold the key down to move the
cannon up and release it when you have the right angle.  Then you hold a key
down while it builds up charge, firing the cannon when you release the key.

-

others

-          A drawing applet where the per rotates when you  hold a key down
and the draws (in whichever direction it is pointing) when it is released.
Pressing the key down stops it and starts it spinning again.

-          Holding a key down to adjust something on an on-screen physics
experiment

All of these can be done without the time aspect.   It is NOT bad to do the
above.   It is only bad if that is the ONLY way to do those things when the
underlying task does not require timing (as none of these examples do)

Gregg
Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.

  _____