Fwd: Last Call on mobileOK Basic

From: Loretta Guarino Reid <lorettaguarino@google.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 09:21:43 -0800
To: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Jan 30, 2007 9:02 AM
Subject: Last Call on mobileOK Basic
To: chairs@w3.org, francois@yergeau.com, steven@w3.org,
dahl@conversational-technologies.com, bert@w3.org, karl@w3.org,
Patrick.Curran@sun.com, shadi@w3.org, lguarino@adobe.com,
gv@trace.wisc.edu, Kevin E Kelly <kekelly@us.ibm.com>, ph@w3.org
Cc: mike@w3.org, "Appelquist, Daniel"
<Daniel.Appelquist@vodafone.com>, w3c-html-cg@w3.org

Hi,

As announced last week, the Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group just
released a new draft of its mobileOK Basic Tests document:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-mobileOK-basic10-tests-20070130/

We would like to invite specifically the following Working Groups to
comment on this draft before March 6, and in particular on the points
noted below:
 * the HTML Working Group, on the media types allowed for XHTML, the
detection of encoding in XHTML, and the rules of validation defined in
CONTENT_FORMAT_SUPPORT concerning XHTML:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-mobileOK-basic10-tests-20070130/#test_character_encoding_support
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-mobileOK-basic10-tests-20070130/#test_content_format_support

 * the I18N Core Working Group, on the detection of encoding and the
requirements that content be available in UTF8:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-mobileOK-basic10-tests-20070130/#test_character_encoding_support

 * the QA IG on the general testing framework defined in the document,
and on the quality of the tests
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-mobileOK-basic10-tests-20070130/#about_the_tests

 * the WAI ERT and WCAG WG on the possible overlap between this work on
the on-going work to define success criteria for WCAG 2.0 and tests for
the WCAG 2.0

 * the Hypertext Coordination Group, to call the attention on this draft
from the chairs represented in the group, as well as from the OMA
representative

 * the CDF Working Group to evaluate if the proposed handling of objects
in mobileOK is compatible with their work on WICD
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-mobileOK-basic10-tests-20070130/#included_resources
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-mobileOK-basic10-tests-20070130/#test_objects_or_script

Please send your comments to public-bpwg-comments@w3.org, a publicly
archived mailing list.

Regards,

Dominique Hazael-Massieux,
for the Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group