Re: Heads up: please review these documents by end of Wednesday

From: <boland@nist.gov>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 08:36:04 -0400
To: Loretta Guarino Reid <lorettaguarino@google.com>
Cc: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Do we want to (or should we) say anywhere that the alternate "version" should
have the same functionality or purpose as the original "version" (re: use of
the word "version")?  The reason I'm asking is that in some W3C Quality
Assurance documents (for example, [1]) a "new version" means "a significant
change or enhancement in functionality"?   Even though this reference is to
a "new version of a specification", there may be some confusion with use of the
word "version" in multiple contexts within W3C?

Tim Boland NIST

[1]: http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/qaframe-primer