Audio background amendment

From: David MacDonald <befree@magma.ca>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 18:45:39 -0400
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
A follow up to one of my comments on the Survey that was tabled.
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/SimplifiedIntroAndConformance/results#xi
ntroedi

I think the language of 1.4.2 needs an adjustment. Or it needs to be fixed
in the intent.

<current SC 1.4.2>or a mechanism is available to control audio volume which
....</current SC 1.4.2>

An example. Some authors might say the user has "control" if they can only
adjust the volume a bit... which would defeat the purpose of the SC and let
them have distracting background. Let's add to the Intent... "Control means
that the volume can be reduced to zero DB"

David MacDonald

....access empowers people...

                   ...barriers disable them...

www.eramp.com