RE: Conformance, Aggregation and Captions Survey for 12 April 2007

From: Evans, Donald <Donald.Evans@corp.aol.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 09:29:00 -0400
To: "Bailey Bruce" <Bailey@Access-Board.gov>, "WCAG-WG" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
To fully understand the proposal we need the definition of controlled.  The term was discussed at some length:

What does control mean?  How can you exercise control?

1.	By moderating it.  Editing it. Changing it.
2.	Validating it before acceptance.
3.	By having a contract with a 3rd party to produce it
4.	By having a EULA with the user
5.	But not by paying for it.

Additionally, control should include having the legal right to alter the content.

So, if the aggregator has control through a contract I suggest that it be at level BBB.  Only once the contract proves to produce level A conforming content could a site claim level A.