Re: unambiguous parsing

Hello, Bruce.

On Nov 1, 2006, at 23:07 , Bailey, Bruce wrote:
>> http://www.w3.org/2003/12/semantic-extractor.html
>
> I have visited the above site but still have a burning question.
> Will this, or some other, new tool provide the ability to determine
> if web content can be quote parsed unambiguously unquote or not?

The semantic extractor mentioned above will only extract semantic
information from wed documents, it won't pass any judgement on
parseability.

There are tools already for that purpose. For example, well formed
XML-based content (including XHTML family document types, when served
as application/xhtml+xml) has a clear parsing model, which many XML
parsers know. But not all types of Web documents have a well-defined
parsing model (see current discussions on HTML).

P.S: I do read the list occasionally, but would rather be kept in Cc:
of any relevant thread
--
olivier