Captioning skins for Flash

From: Andrew Kirkpatrick <akirkpat@adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 12:30:47 -0700
To: "WebAIM Discussion List" <webaim-forum@list.webaim.org>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

I'd like to let people interesting in captioning that Adobe has made
skins for supporting captioning in Flash available.  The skins allow
users who use Captionate (http://buraks.com/captionate/) to add captions
to an FLV file within the Flash authoring tool.  The skins are available
on my blog at http://blogs.adobe.com/accessibility. We'll post
additional instructions on how to use these, but the basics are you will
need to install the skins using the Adobe Extension Manager, and then
when you add an FLV to a flash file you need to choose one of the
several captioning skins.  We think it's really easy - let us know how
it works for you.

AWK

Andrew Kirkpatrick
Corporate Accessibility Engineering Lead
Adobe Systems
akirkpatrick@adobe.com