RE: proposal for 4.2.1

For "up-to-date", does this mean that all "versions" of a web unit would
have exactly the same demonstrable
(verifiable) "time-stamp" or "date modified" indication on each web unit?

SIDE NOTE: The word "version" still implies to me changes in functionality
(please access "definition" of "version" in
[1] -"new version of specification refers to significant functional change
and enhancement"-, and TAG finding on "versioning" in [2]).  I know that
[1] applies to specification versions, and [2] applies to language
versioning, and we are discussing web unit versions.    Still, since we are
using the same term -"version"- differently in WCAG than it may be used in
other W3C documents ("version" is an "overloaded" term within W3C?),
perhaps we should either define "version" in our glossary, say more
specifically what we mean by the use of the word "version" in our context,
or replace "version" with another word (perhaps "alternative", as in
"alternative Web units" that are "equivalent")?

Thanks and best wishes
Tim Boland NIST

[1]: http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/qaframe-primer
[2]: http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/versioning.html