RE: the q element

Catherine Roy pointed out that in French there should be a space between
quotation marks and the text they surround. JAWS in French has no problem
with a space between the quotation marks and the text they surround. I just
did a test in English also. And JAWS 7.10 doesn't seem to have any problem
if I put a space between the " and the text it surrounds.

For instance, the sentence:

            John said "It is cold today."

Reads the same in JAWS as

John said " It is cold today."

They both read as john said [quote] it is a cold day [quote][period]

Therefore, I would like to recommend a sufficient technique

"Using quotation marks to markup quotations"

And I also have no objection a sufficient technique

"Using the <Q> element to markup quotations"

And we would show how to do the CSS hack to accommodate different browsers
as discussed on the call..

access empowers people...

        ...barriers disable them...

www.eramp.com