Re: Is it a problem that WCAG 2.0 doesn't require paying attention to NOFRAME content?

Andrew Kirkpatrick schrieb:
> 1.1 Provide a text equivalent for every non-text element (e.g., via
> "alt", "longdesc", or in element content). This includes: images,
> graphical representations of text (including symbols), image map
> regions, animations (e.g., animated GIFs), applets and programmatic
> objects, ASCII art, frames, scripts, images used as list bullets,
> spacers, graphical buttons, sounds (played with or without user
> interaction), stand-alone audio files, audio tracks of video, and video.
> [Priority 1]
>
> I don't get how frame (or frameset, really) elements are "non-text
> content".

I don't get it either. But I assume frames were listed here because in
1999 there were user agents that could not handle frame references (the
first HTML recommendation that introduced frames was published at the
end of 1997, that is one and a half years earlier).
--
Johannes Koch
                             (Te Deum, 4th cent.)