Re: Comment LC-1175: definition of acronym

Hi Ben,

On 10/07/06, Ben Caldwell <caldwell@trace.wisc.edu> wrote:
> acronym: abbreviation made from the initial letters or parts of a name
> or phrase that contains several words
>
> I think this might address both issue 1175 and the concerns you've
> described.
>
> Thoughts?

That's a definition of an initialism. Acronyms are like initialisms,
except they can be pronounced as a word. Can we add, "pronounced as a
word" to the end? Otherwise, can we follow Jason's advice and remove
the definition from the glossary, as it's not essential to understand
the difference for accessibility?

acronym:  An abbreviation made from the initial letters or parts of a
name or phrase that contains several words, pronounced as a word.

Best regards,

Gez

--
Supplement your vitamins