Re: normative issues to close

From: Gez Lemon <gez.lemon@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 08:36:05 +0000
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

On 22/03/06, Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu> wrote:
<quote>
Perhaps we should just say

Level 1 success criteria:

  1.      Achieve a minimum level of accessibility

  2.      Can reasonably be applied to all Web resources.

Level 2 success criteria:

  1.      Achieve an enhanced level of accessibility

  2.      Can reasonably be applied to all Web resources.

Level 3 success criteria:

  1.      Achieve additional accessibility enhancements for people
with disabilities.

  2.      Are not necessarily applicable to all Web resources.
</quote>

I've had difficulty trying to understand the difference between a
priority and a level. I like the simplicity of this proposal, but to
me, it doesn't differ in important ways from WCAG 1.0. The levels
infer a level of importance, reinforced with "minimum", "enhanced",
and "additional". The only difference I can see is that level 3 takes
into account that the success criteria might not be applicable to all
technologies.

Best regards,

Gez

--