Re: Baselines: how specific?

From: Gez Lemon <gez.lemon@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 13:59:25 +0000
To: "Christophe Strobbe" <christophe.strobbe@esat.kuleuven.be>
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

Hi Christophe,

On 14/03/06, Christophe Strobbe <christophe.strobbe@esat.kuleuven.be> wrote:
<quote>
How specific should a baseline definition be?
</quote>

That's a good question. I've assumed that the baseline was about
technology, and not the features of the technology. For example,
specifying HTML in the baseline presumably covers features such as
object, link, longdesc, etc, even though they may be partially
supported or poorly implemented. The media for the object might be
another technology in its own right, but I wouldn't have thought of
specifying the object element itself in the baseline.

Best regards,

Gez

--
Supplement your vitamins