Fixing 4.1

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 02:55:22 -0600
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
The 4.1.2  (through 5 ) Success criterion all deal with basically the same
thing.   And only those who create special UI elements need to deal with any
of them.

In addition - the solution to all of them is basically the same also.  (e.g
use the standard components.  Or use standard API)

  So I think we are best off talking about them as one Success criterion.

Here is a proposal to do this.

4.1.2          The name, role, perceivable properties, and relationships of
user interface components can be programmatically determined, their
user-settable values can be programmatically set, and notification of
changes is available.

Note: For most markup languages (e.g. HTML) and some other technologies,
these capabilities are provided automatically if authors use standard
components.

Note: Focus and selection are included in user settable values.

This would replace

4.1.2

4.1.3

4.1.4

4.1.5

If adopted I will merge the How To Meet (which are still under development)
in time for the Wed Survery

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Depts of Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center
University of Wisconsin-Madison
< <http://trace.wisc.edu/> http://trace.wisc.edu/> FAX 608/262-8848
For a list of our list discussions http://trace.wisc.edu/lists/