RE: Propose deleting failure for 3.2.5

From: Michael Cooper <michaelc@watchfire.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 09:59:01 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
For meta refresh, while it can be disabled globally in IE, I don't know
how to disable it for a particular site (aside from going in, disabling
it globally, then turning it back on again later). I prefer to have it
on because sometimes it's helpful, but son some sites it becomes a
problem and I need a control to turn it off for that site. And I can't
find an option to disable it in Firefox, so unless I find or write an
extension I don't think it's possible.

For script refresh, I don't know how to disable that in any browser
except by turning off script support altogether, which is using a
sledgehammer to nail a thumbtack.

I'm caging these comments in "I don't know how" language because it's
possible the majority of browsers do in fact provide the feature to
disable automatic refresh in a useful way. But, unless someone can
describe how this is done in the vast majority of browsers in use today
((IE, Firefox, Safari, and Opera) on (Windows, Mac, and Linux) as a
minimum), I think it remains an issue, at least for some user agents,
and we should keep the failure technique.