Re: BIG ISSUE -- re Delivery Units

From: Carlos A Velasco <Carlos.Velasco@fit.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 20:51:19 +0100
To: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

Hi Gregg,

Gregg Vanderheiden wrote:
> Hi Carlos,
>
> Images as delivery units cannot meet the guidelines because there is no
> place in a jpg file to put an alt text.

I know. But you did not reply to my question: where is the problem? A
standalone JPEG image does not conform to WCAG 2.0, therefore you invent
a term to replace delivery units?!! Sorry, maybe I am too thick, but I
don't get it.

> An HTML page with images in it can conform.  But the image itself cannot.
> And the image itself is a delivery unit.

See above.

regards,
carlos

--
Dr Carlos A Velasco - http://access.fit.fraunhofer.de/
Fraunhofer-Institut für Angewandte Informationstechnik FIT