RE: BIG ISSUE -- re Delivery Units

From: Bailey, Bruce <Bruce.Bailey@ed.gov>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 14:39:37 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

>> Are there ambitions to avoid all references to Delivery
>> Unit as well?

> Yes

Great!  I am quite ambivalent about pointing out some problems with loosing the term entirely...

>> Okay, then just substituting Web Units for Delivery Units
>> in 2.4.4, delivery units have titles, doesn't work.

> Actually it does work, but it doesn't cover frames is all.

You got me there!  Mentally, I had correlated this SC with P1 WCAG1 checkpoint 12.1.  Frames are currently one of two examples in the associated How to Meet...
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20-20051123/Overview.html#navigation-mechanisms-title

> Need to be sure that frames need titles under a different
> provision.

There is 2.4.5:  Each programmatic reference to another Web Unit or to another location in the same Web Unit, is associated with text describing the destination.