RE: REwrite of 1.1.6

From: Andrew Kirkpatrick <akirkpat@adobe.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 07:37:38 -0800
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

	1.1.6 For prerecorded multimedia content, a combined document
containing captions
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/appendixA.html#captionsdef>  intermixed
with the audio description
transcripts is available. [How to meet 1.1.6
ew.html#text-equiv-text-doc> ]

 This sounds fine to me, but I think that we should make sure that we
accept the case where a transcript includes links to audio descriptions
interspersed, as an alternative to the actual description text.    For

This is the first spoken transcript text.  This is more transcript.  (<a
href="#desc1">description 1</a>).  This is more transcript.  Blah blah

<a name="desc1" id="desc1">1. </a>This is the first description

This would improve the experience for many users, and while it is
untested, I'd like to make sure that it is acceptable to use.