RE: BIG ISSUE -- re Delivery Units

From: Paul Walsh, Segala <paulwalsh@segala.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:20:57 -0000
To: "'Carlos A Velasco'" <Carlos.Velasco@fit.fraunhofer.de>, "'Gregg Vanderheiden'" <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Cc: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Carlos A Velasco

      < As a first remark, IMHO this WG shall run away from  reinventing the
wheel. I think that
      < http://www.w3.org/TR/di-gloss/> and the HTTP specification shall
cover the needs of WCAG.
      < If something is not clear from the DI stuff, then let us ask them,
as Johannes did in the past.

You might find the W3C central glossary useful. [1]

Although I'm pointing you to a resource, I didn't find it particularly
helpful in locating a definition for 'content author' or 'content provider'.
I received nothing for content author and content provider gave me a laugh -
"A server that originates content in response to a request."

If anyone can point me to such a resource that isn't specific to a
particular initiative or working group, I'd be very grateful.

I think the W3C needs a wikipedia type glossary to create a universal
database of definitions. I see a lot valuable time being used (sometimes
wasted) on debating definitions.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2003/glossary/

Hope this helps
Paul