Technology-specific techniques

From: Loretta Guarino Reid <lguarino@adobe.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:07:19 -0800
To: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Many of our techniques take the form

<current>
Providing XXXX using a technology-specific technique listed below
</current>

I believe we need to change the wording to something like

<proposed>
Providing XXXX using a technology-specific technique listed below for a
technology in the chosen baseline
</proposed>

That is, I want us to be able to list sufficient techniques for all
technologies. But I want it to be explicit that sufficient techniques need
to come from the baseline.

Perhaps we should also add an optional technique to all success criteria:
   Providing XXXX using a technology-specific technique for a technology
that is not in the chosen baseline