Definition of "Relationships"

From: David MacDonald <befree@magma.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 19:13:30 -0400
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
I had an action item with Katie to come up with a definition of
Relationship.

This is the proposal:

Definition of *Relationships*:

"Semantic associations between distinct chunks of content."

      Example 1: A heading is in relationship to the paragraph which follows
it.
      Example 2:  A section title is in relationship to the subsections that
are within it.

-----------------------

"Semantic" is another way to say "meaningful" (as per the Wikipaedia
definition of Semantic) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantic

So the definition could also be:

"Meaningful associations between distinct chunks of content."  But I think
semantic works better.

"chunks" could be replaced by "portions" or "sections" but I think "chunks"
is very understandable.

David MacDonald

access empowers people...

        ...barriers disable them...