Re: CSS Parsed Unambiguously

From: Chris Ridpath <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 15:42:02 -0400
To: "Johannes Koch" <koch@w3development.de>, "WAI WCAG List" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> There is no common failure about failing SC 4.1.1 when CSS is invalid.
Yes, I didn't see a failure listed that's why I'm asking. The SC seems to be
very clear that this would be a failure and, at level 1, would be overkill.

> BTW, what is validity with respect to CSS? Correct grammar according to
> the grammar defined in the spec? Correct usage of vocabulary defined in
> the spec?
> --
I'm not sure myself and not sure if Björn's earlier message cleared this up.

The W3C's validator can give a CSS file a rating of "valid" while still
producing many warnings. For example the WCAG2's style sheet is "valid" with
warnings:
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2FTR%2FWCAG20%2Fslicenav.css&usermedium=all

Cheers,
Chris