RE: TITLE - WCAG2 Conformance Example Files

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 13:17:33 -0500
To: "'Chris Ridpath'" <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>, "'WAI WCAG List'" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> Thanks for your comments. But it still leaves me wondering if
> guideline 2.4 (Provide mechanisms to help users find
> content...) can be met at a minimum level without a title?

You can't completely meet any of the guidelines.   The SC tell you how far
you have to go to conform at levels A,  Double-A, or Triple-A.

> Another odd thing about the requirement for title is that you
> must have it
> (2.4.3 Web units have titles) at level 2 but the title
> doesn't actually have to describe the document until level 3
> (2.4.5 Titles, headings, and labels are descriptive). Is that right?

As the SC are currently written.  Yes.

> Here's a modification of the first file with a dummy title
> and color contrast that passes the luminosity test. Does this
> file conform at level 2?
> http://checker.atrc.utoronto.ca/docs/file1b.html

Don't understand the question.  Are you asking if it conforms to the
luminosity SC if it passes the luminosity test of that SC?

Or are you asking about a different level 2 success criterion?