RE: WCAG2 Conformance Example Files

Hi Chris,

Yes the first one passes at Level 1.   Note also that all of the information
is accessible.   Do a select-all for example on this one.  It is not very
good and for a good page the user shouldn't have to do special things to
access it.  So at level 2 this would not be allowed. But it is at level 1.
Level 1 does not guarantee access to content without any action on user's
part or any use of AT.

RE the second example - it does NOT necessarily fail.   You do not have to
use the techniques specified.  You must avoid the failures, but you can use
the techniques or any other method that meets the SC.    I didn't check
whether the SC was met in this case - but the fact that the author didn't
use a particular technique listed does not make a page fail.

Does this help?

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.