RE: Some words about the terms "relative" and "absolute".

From: Marco Bertoni <mbertoni@webaccessibile.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 20:16:03 +0200
To: "w3c-wai-gl@w3.org" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Hi Cynthia, as I've told in my original post there are other CSS units that are scalable (also in IE6/WIN):

1) for fonts: em, percentages and absolute-keywords (e.g. medium, small, x-small etc.)

2) for containers: percentages and em.

But we must think at the future when IE/WIN will be able to make pixels scalable (as all the other browsers already do). So we should talk about functions rather than units and I agree that "scalable" is the right term to use.

Marco