A change in plans

From: Wendy Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 11:53:15 -0700
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

Dear WCAG WG,

As many of you know, in January my husband and I welcomed a son into our
lives.  My plan was to take 3 months maternity leave, work part-time for 3
months, then return to full-time.  However, this little blue-eyed wonder
has changed my plans.  Effective 3 July, I will resign my position from
W3C/WAI to spend more time with our child.

It was a difficult decision - wanting to see WCAG 2.0 through to
Recommendation...yet this time in his life only happens once.

Think of this as "see you later" rather than "goodbye."  It has been a
pleasure working with all of you and I will be cheering you on from the
sidelines as you advance WCAG 2.0 to a W3C Recommendation.

Best,
--wendy