Re: General And Specific Techniques?

I'm still a bit confused so I'll try to point out what I find unclear.

In the 'understanding' document there are general techniques and associated
technology specific techniques. The general techniques say you're sufficient
"using *one* of the technology specific techniques below". Does this mean
"just one"? Shouldn't they all be used?

Looking through the 'understanding' document it appears that only the
general techniques are designated as sufficient. There are no technology
specific techniques that are sufficient. (Is that right?) However some of
the sufficient general techniques say to use the technology specific
techniques (Example SC 1.1.1). So it's unclear if the specific techniques
are sufficient.

The general and specific techniques are associated in the 'understanding'
document and they are also associated in the 'technique's document. However
the associations are often different in the 2 documents.

I wonder if this would be easier to understand if the technology specific
techniques were removed from the 'understanding' document and kept only in
the 'techniques' document. Each general technique would contain a list of
the technology specific techniques.

Cheers,
Chris