Re: About tests 37-41 (headers) *wkey

From: Johannes Koch <koch@w3development.de>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 11:54:09 +0200
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

Vicente Luque Centeno wrote:

> Could an "HTML-to-other-format" translator be considered as an AT? I
> know some HTML-to-other-format translators that could fail with Chris
> example because of the <stuff> tag.

cite="http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/appendix/notes.html#notes-invalid-docs">
B.1 Notes on invalid documents

This specification does not define how conforming user agents handle
general error conditions, including how user agents behave when they
encounter elements, attributes, attribute values, or entities not
specified in this document.

However, to facilitate experimentation and interoperability between
implementations of various versions of HTML, we recommend the following
behavior:

   * If a user agent encounters an element it does not recognize, it
     should try to render the element's content.
   * If a user agent encounters an attribute it does not recognize, it
     should ignore the entire attribute specification (i.e., the
     attribute and its value).
   * If a user agent encounters an attribute value it doesn't recognize,
     it should use the default attribute value.
   * If it encounters an undeclared entity, the entity should be treated
     as character data.

Yes, it is a SHOULD, not a MUST.
--
Johannes Koch