Please review: Draft of updated WCAG WG charter

From: Wendy Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 11:33:42 -0700
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Cc: jbrewer@w3.org

To synchronize our charter with changes in approach and shifts in timeline,
we need to recharter (for example, our previous charter [1] does not list
"Understanding WCAG 2.0" as a deliverable).  An updated charter is
available for review at [2] and will be discussed at this Thursday's
teleconference.

Note: the document currently uses the old wai-wg css and does not include
the new WAI site navigation.  I need to work with Shawn to figure out if
we'll be applying the WAI site navigation to the charter or if we'll use
the abbreviated navigation (as exists in the current charter).

There are a variety of editorial changes throughout the document.  The
following highlighted differences are clarifications or reflect change in
approach.

Scope section
1. Replaced "Develop a test suite for WCAG 2.0 in coordination with other
WAI Working Groups" with "Describe test procedures for WCAG 2.0 techniques"
2. Added, "Develop supporting resources, as needed"

Duration
Was - from 1 January 2005 through 31 December 2006
Now - from 1 June 2006 through 31 December 2007, when the current
authorization for the WAI Technical Activity ends.

Deliverables
1. Added a separate item and description for, "Understanding WCAG 2.0"
2. Changed the description of "Techniques for WCAG 2.0" to reflect change
in approach and provide some wiggle room.
3. Added a seprate item and description for, "Supporting resources"
4. Removed, "Technology-specific checklists "
5. Removed "WCAG 2.0 test suite " as an individual item, added "Each
technique will include a test procedure. " to description of Techniques for
WCAG 2.0

Milestones
Entire section updated to reflect publication date of Last Call Working
Draft and shift in timeline.

Best,
--wendy

[1] <http://www.w3.org/2004/04/wcag-charter>