Re: Baselines: how specific?

From: Gez Lemon <gez.lemon@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 16:38:32 +0100
To: "Gregg Vanderheiden" <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

Hi Gregg,

On 20/04/06, Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu> wrote:
Ok how about.

1) A technology or feature isn't in the baseline unless it is named
in the baseline.

2) Baseline 'items' can include technologies, specific features, or
well defined collections.
        - E.g. "embed" could be listed in a baseline definition as a
      separate item but would not be in baseline that listed HTML 4.01
      unless it was listed separately since it is not part of HTML 4.01.

3) If a collection or general technology is specified in the baseline, the
assumption is that all of its subparts, features, modules etc. are in the
baseline unless excluded in the baseline definition.

That works for me. What about items that aren't part of a public
specification that are "relied upon"? Do we intent to make rules about
them, or is that the responsibility of the authority setting the
baseline? It's not a problem for this particular example, as embed is
very well supported.

Best regards,

Supplement your vitamins